Saturday, September 6, 2008
Finally in Bali!
I have been wanting to live here for about two years now, so I'm so excited to finally be here. I went to Jakarta for a few days for orientation. It was interesting to see it, but I really prefer Bali. It's less busy and more friendly. My school will start on the 15th, so I'm free to hang around until then! Right now I am trying to find a room near the university I will attend because Nyoman's house is 30 to 40 minutes from it and I would rather be closer. He is also going to teach me how to ride a motorbike so that I will be able to move around like I want to. I will have three classes everyday from Monday to Friday, so hopefully I will be able to pick up the language fast. After just one week, I have already improved a lot. Nyoman's family will have a ceremony on Tuesday, so we will go to his village (Gianyar). I get to dress in traditional clothes - a kabaya and sarong, and I can finally see a ceremony! Hopefully I will be able to post pictures soon. It's so wonderful here. The city is vibrant. Everywhere you look something interesting is happening! I love it here. I really already feel like this is my second home. It's very different from the U.S., but people have been very welcoming to me (especially with helping me with my language). For me, this is the best possible place I could spend the next year of my life because there is so much to learn about here. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so glad that you got there safely and that you feel so comfortable! Sorry I didn't get to give you the proper "send-off"! Tell Nyoman hello and enjoy as much as possible!
CEREMONY!!
Post a Comment