Thursday, December 18, 2008

Picture Update!

In Padang Bai with one of my fellow students.
A white sand beach in Candi Desa.


More Padang Bai. It's very nice there. It's just a little beach village.




Blue Lagoon Beach in Padang Bai.
Dressed for a field trip to a temple ceremony.






The decorated temple!





I made a Cannang or simple offerin in my culture class.




On the way to Okta's village.



























Idul Adha celebration at a local college (my friend Dewi invited me!)












Making peanut sauce! It looks gross in this picture, but it's actually so good!










Dewi!

























The food we made. I helped with the peanut sauce and satay (the meat on sticks). We started from the beginning. Someone slaughtered the goat (I was late on purpose to miss that) and then we cut the meat and put it on sticks (and also some things like heart and liver). After you know what's in satay, it's hard to eat. But it used to taste so good...














































No comments: